How to prepare a good moka coffee
…and taste it
…and taste it
9 steps to taste a great moka coffee
Preparing the coffee with the moka is easy and simple but you have to respect some simple rules otherwise you risk to ruin the final result.
Let’s see together what are the main steps to be respected.
1. Open and clean the moka with water (without soap);
2. Fill the water container up to the valve (use running water and not hot);
3. Fill the coffee the container completely, forming a small mound over the edge (never press with the spoon but beat its base twice to make it compress better ;
4. Insert the coffee container into the water container and screw the two ends;
5. Put the coffee pot on a low heat and with the lid closed on a stove that is not larger than its base; to make a good coffee in a moka pot, it is essential to adjust the gas flame very low, so the extraction of the coffee will take place correctly.
6. As the coffee begins to come out, wait for the container to fill and a few seconds extra to make sure that all the water has flowed out;
7. Remove the mocha from the flame;
9. Serve it.
The preparation time of a coffee varies from the size of the moka used and from those of the cooker.
On average it takes from 5 to 10 minutes to make coffee with the moka.
One of the best quality moka, a made in Italy known and sold all over the world, is that of Bialetti.
The mocha must absolutely not be cleaned with soap and absolutely must not be washed in the dishwasher